Monday, August 10, 2009

Kiln Building Update 8/10

Takuro started working on kiln from 6am. When I went there around 8am, he finished one layer already. Our good friend, Jeff Dean (Dean and Martin Pottery) came to help us and it made work faster. His wife, Stephanie came to watch our son, so I was able to laying bricks whole afternoon. Thank you, Jeff and Stephanie. It's huge help.

We tried to work harder and harder in this awful heat, but as a result, we couldn't finish arch today unfortunately. We had to leave several more layers... but it was our best. We will try to get work done as soon as possible.

2 comments:

FetishGhost said...

Thank you so much for sharing your day to day posts with all of us... Your blog has been one of the high points of my summer. It's really an amazing experiance to watch your kiln actually be built!
Thanks!

H said...

>Fetish Ghost-san

Thank you for your comment. When I started posting about our kiln building, I thought it was for our friends who live far from us, but I was surprised many people whom we don't know have been watching this and giving nice comments a lot. It made me motivated to keep updating even I was very tired.

Today (8/11), finally we finished Anagama chamber. We still have second chamber, third and chimney so it's long way, but we have done the most hardest part. It would be nice if you are not tired of watching this blog yet.

Hitomi