Sunday, April 04, 2010

Wood firing #2 went well

We had a wood firing (2nd chamber only) in this Easter weekend. Takuro made many changes of kiln, for instance grate, bagwall and how to stack shelves. Also we had dry firewood (really important!), more insulation and no storm this time. Finish loading on Friday 8pm, then started preheating, started stoking wood at 5am on Saturday, kept firing, then finish it at 5am on Sunday morning. It was 24 hours wood firing plus one night preheating.
Many many thanks to:
Santiago Ramirez
Wayne Shiver
Lydia Shiver
David Stuempfle
Chris Luther
Pam Owens
Bayle Owens
Travis Owens
Anne Partna
Ben Owen Third

We couldn't have done without your help and friendship.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought some pottery and would love to know if its your work. Can I send you a picture and have you verify? It is all signed with your surname at the bottom. Please let me know - I'm very interested in the origin of my beloved vases :)

Anonymous said...

I forgot to leave you my email - it is hcarll24@hotmail.com

Stefan Andersson said...

I am curious what these other stacking arrangements are? Keep up the work!

Stefan Andersson said...

Happy parenting! (is that a word?!)