Friday, February 04, 2011

Setsubun 2011

Feb 3rd was a Setsubun (celebration of Spring in Japan) and usually people eat roll sushi and throw rosted soy beans at the entrance of house to chase away Oni (a kind of monster) as a tradition. 
See more details here about Setsubun: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Setsubun

I made several roll sushi and brought to Takuro's office. The direction of this year was South-south-east, and Takuro made sure by iphone (what a convenient tool), then we ate one whole roll sushi without talking. It's strange, but this is the way how to have a good luck.
I don't like rice at all
I don't care about Sushi
Don't speak!
Can't wait for spring, so badly.

5 comments:

deanandmartinpottery said...

Wishing ya'll the best of luck during the spring season and throughout the year.

Linda Starr said...

I love sushi, happy Spring to you, I know it's coming the robins just left here and are on their way north.

JLK Jewelry said...

Great pictures and a nice tradition. We loved the sushi you brought us last week, thanks you again. I need to bring your plate back!!

Hollis Engley said...

Happy spring to all four of you. I like the tradition. Two nights ago we treated friends to a feast of sushi at Inaho, here on Cape Cod. I wish we had known we were fulfilling a tradition. If we had, we might not have spoken through the first roll.

cookingwithgas said...

I have given you an award - if you want it.
save the award and post it to your blog.
Then tell us 7 things about yourself we might not know on your blog.
Then pass the award on to 15 more or less bloggers you read.
are you in?