Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Disaster in Japan

Dear friends,

As you know there was the worst earthquake and Tsunami in northern part of Japan on March 11, and many people were lost and suffer of this disaster. Especially several nuclear plants are under serious danger now and it makes people fear.

Our families live in western part of Japan, and we were able to talk to them after the quake. I was relieved, however, still many people suffer right now. People try to help each other with lots of patience, and I am so frustrated I cannot do anything for them.

Please keep watching news and pray for them.

You can see live news here:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nhk-world-tv

This is the way you can support people in Japan and also people who rescue there:
http://www.redcross.org/

Lastly, I really hope anyone who are waiting for rescue are saved as many as possible and make people relieved at least.

Hitomi

4 comments:

JLK Jewelry said...

I'm so glad that your families are safe. This is such a horrible disaster and we are thinking about all the people that it has affected.

Fred said...

Japan is a strong and resourceful country, and it will recover in time.
If you hear or read some rude comments being made by Americans, don't beleive them, America is with Japan! America will help, try to stay strong!

cookingwithgas said...

We have been thinking of you and your families I hope that things turn around for the many people who are displaced.
I hope Japan has a speedy recovery.

rwhendrix said...

I am happy for you that your family is safe. I am watching the news daily. I have a nephew in the US Navy on the Regan aircraft carrier near Japan now. Best wishes to you and prayers for those suffering there.