Friday, September 19, 2014

Making pots days

After clean up studio, we got back to creative days.
It's been a while, so took a bit time to remember how I was supposed to.
Then I remembered how much I missed and loved making stuff on the wheel.

Normally, after a while and when you start making pots, you make Yunomi (teacup) first.
It's very simple way to practice for your hands to remember, but.

I started from Kyusu (Japanese teapots) that is the most complicated small scale table wares.
Why? because that's the one I really missed making.

30-40 small holes as tea leave strainer
A spout will be attached after this job









White slip application has done

Flat shape large jars (23-24"H)

Large Jar (22"H)

Large Bowl (24"w)

I am watching you

I am waiting for you

Takuro's throwing room
Our goal is to make enough pots to fill up two loads of our wood kiln (salt chamber) for this coming busy Fall season.

No comments: